- High-grade A356.0-T6 heat treated cast aluminum alloy
- Increases fluid capacity by 3 quarts
- 3/4’’ inch external fins improve heat dissipation, lower transmission fluid temperature and increase housing strength
- 1’’ internal baffles improve heat dissipation and reduce sloshing
- One-inch Neodymium-magnet-equipped 304 stainless steel drain plug with Viton O-ring
- Dual NPT ports (1/8-in and 1/4-in)
- Gussets provide extra support and increase overall robustness
- Compatible with OEM gasket
- Compatible with PPE Premium High-Efficiency Transmission Fluid Filter (228052150)
- Limited lifetime warranty
PPE’s new flat-bottom transmission pan for the Ram 68RFE transmission is constructed from high-quality cast aluminum.
This pan features internal heat sinks and external cooling fins. These cooling fins, combined with the increased capacity aluminum construction, promote reduced transmission fluid temperatures. The cooler fluid lubricates better which helps increase transmission service life.
This new pan comes with a Neodymium-equipped, 1-inch stainless steel drain plug to remove harmful ferrous particles from the transmission fluid. Kit includes two NPT plugs and access ports for temperature probes. Upgrade the spin-on transmission filter with our PPE 228052150 Transmission Filter which has 57% larger filtration media for the best protection of your transmission.
In testing, we used a 2013 2500 Cummins-powered Ram towing a 13,000 lb travel trailer. We took the pair on a 900-mile loop through city traffic, steep hill climbs as well as the wide-open, flat highway runs. Transmission temperatures never went over 200 degrees. After cresting the top of hills, transmission temperatures also dropped much quicker than they did with the factory-installed stamped steel pan.
Unloaded temperatures were consistently 10 degrees (or lower) below those measured with a factory pan.
- 2007.5-2022 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins with 68RFE Transmission